Michelangelo Tall fescue is a next generation Turf Type tall fescue that is highly ranked in the 2013 NTEP trial. Mechelangelo was selected for Drought tolerance, Pythium resistance, and overall turf quality. It is also extremely drought and heat tolerant and requires less water and inputs to maintain top quaity turf. Michelangelo will be available from 2015 crop and will be featured in Winning Colors Tall fescue blend and Winning Colors Plus Mix.
Available in sod quality - item number 58-67008.
- Highly ranked for overall turf quality in 2013 NTEP test
- Top ranked for Brown Patch resistance
- Dark green genetic color
- Medium-fine leaf texture
- Highly ranked for summer density
- Top ranked for percent establishment
- Highly ranked for Typhula blight resistance
- High drought and heat tolerance
2013 NTEP Data Mean Turfgrass quality ratings of Tall fescue cultivars at eleven locations in the US (Table 1)under LPI Group 1
Turfgrass Quality Ratings 1-9; 9 = Ideal Turf Selected varieties including highest and lowest